About the challenge:
In today's hyper-connected world, it's a challenge for businesses to efficiently manage the massive volume of interactions either with their customers or employees. It's even more arduous because these interactions happen on various channels and in different languages. Ignoring this often leads to poor end-user/customer experiences.
Kore.ai Experience Optimization (XO) Platform is an enterprise-grade conversational AI platform enabling businesses to automate customer and employee interactions. Unlike other players, the Kore.ai XO platform has tools to design, test, train, deploy, analyze and manage Intelligent Virtual Assistants. It lets you seamlessly interact with your customers and employees on 35+ voice and digital channels in 100+ languages.
We invite you to join the creative challenge of designing a bot using the XO platform, in honor of our commitment to developers.
We encourage participants to build virtual assistants that help organizations solve their customer communication problems. In addition to these guidelines, we welcome submissions that cater to other themes or industries. Listed below are some examples of opportunity areas/use cases for each theme. Please note that these examples are only provided as a source of inspiration.
Healthcare & life sciences
- In today's world, quality healthcare is more relevant than ever. Improve the efficiency of the process for organizations by building a bot that can accelerate the process.
- Use cases: answering frequently asked questions, appointment scheduling, symptom checking, health tracking
- The use of conversational AI in bank operations allows them to reduce the need for extensive training of human customer service representatives for handling more complex transactions. Design a bot that will benefit organizations in meeting their goals.
- Use cases: contextual banking, customer feedback, customer self-service, personalized marketing
- By using AI, insurance companies can better predict their customers' needs and improve interactions with them. Build a bot that helps insurance companies achieve better and efficient customer support.
- Use cases: personalized insurance agent, onboarding assistance, high quality and simplified customer experience, claims handling and underwriting
Travel & Hospitality
- The future of high-efficiency travel is conversational AI. Tech-savvy millennials can easily plan trips with the bots used. Create a bot that can further enhance the trip planning experience.
- Use cases: travel assistant, multi-lingual support, omnichannel customer service and support
- Educational institutions can give their students an individual approach by providing customized experiences based on their interests, level of knowledge and preferences. Fabricate a bot that can help educational institutions reach their desired goals.
- Use cases: easier enrollment process, relevant and personalized content, help students make better decisions
- Consumers now benefit from more tailored recommendations and sophisticated guidance during shopping as a result of technological advances in retail and ecommerce. Construct a bot that can enhance the experience even more.
- Use cases: check order status, track shipment, cancel or re-order an item
- Create an account on the Kore.ai XO Platform
Select a use case for your bot
- From the above mentioned or any other industry you like, select a theme to develop a bot. Your goal should be to push the limits in developing a unique conversational AI chatbot.
Bring your team on board or go solo
- We believe that no individual can win a game by themself. So, if you want to add a team member, please do.
Start developing your bot
- Use the resources provided to start building your bot.
- The Kore.ai team has created milestones which are located in the "Milestone" tab to help you track your progress.
What to Build:
Build a Virtual Assistant on the Kore.ai XO Platform that is for a specific business use case which can also be templatized.
What to Submit:
- Include a text description that should explain the features and functionality of your project.
- Include a video (less than 5 minutes) that explains and demonstrates your project in action. Videos must be uploaded to YouTube, Vimeo, or Facebook Video and made public.
- Access to the project must be provided to firstname.lastname@example.org by invitation through the Kore.ai XO platform for judging.
- Your complete submission form on Devpost before the final deadline.
$10,000 in prizes
• $5,000 in USD
• $3,000 in USD
• $1,000 in USD
College Student Prize
• $1,000 in USD
Limited Kore.ai Swag
Please check the hackathon rules for the social sharing prize requirements.
Submitting to this hackathon could earn you:
Santhosh Kumar Myadam
VP Product Managment
How feature-rich and technically developed is the bot? Is the user experience and design of the project well thought out?
How big of an impact could the project have on organizations and their customer communication problems?
Quality of the Idea
How creative and unique is the project? Does it address communication problems for businesses?